We are an apostolic faith ministry with our primary focus on missionary evangelism both in Australia and overseas. Our vision is to:
- Go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19)
- Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every living creature (Mark 16:15-20)
- To teach the Word of God
- To preach the Word of God
- To heal the sick
- To reach all people for Christ (Matthew 9:35)
- To visit and financially support orphans (James 1:27)
Gary and Kim Payne are Sydneysiders whose lives were changed radically after meeting Jesus in the early 1980’s. Since then, they have dedicated their lives to ministering God’s Word and healing power to others, setting them free. Together they are Evangelists, with a powerful healing and deliverance ministry, who also move in the anointing of Apostles. Their appetite for God’s Word, as well as the supernatural healing Gary received by faith, from a growth on the pancreas in 1986, help them in their excellent understanding and communication of God’s will in healing.
Before the founding of Set Free International Ministries in 1998, they have served the Lord through ministering to addicts, homeless, street preaching and counselling.
They have over two decades of experience of ministering through Set Free both in Sydney and around the world, in countries including India, Pakistan, Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Philippines, Uganda, Kenya, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Gary and Kim live by faith, depending entirely on God for all their need. They are continually seeking a closer walk with the Lord, which is the foundation for their ministry.
They are joined in Sydney by a small spirit-filled team, who assist them in fulfilling the vision of Set Free.
Overseas, Set Free International Ministries has three churches in Uganda, and one church in each of Burma, Indonesia, and Pakistan.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe in one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived on this earth, was crucified, died, was buried, rose from the dead on the third day by the power of the Father, ascended into heaven, where He is seated today at the right Hand of the Father
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ to be both fully human and fully divine
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible guide for our lives
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the saved to eternal happiness in heaven and the lost to eternal damnation in hell
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and in His Resurrection
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues
- We believe in water baptism of believers
- We believe that the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit are available to all believers
- We believe in divine healing as a part of full salvation
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit
- We believe in the soon-coming return of the Lord Jesus Christ and of the rapture of the saints